Bytesize update: Xronos code tweak, new clock concept
Today I made another small tweak to the Xronos code. When changing Alarm hours/minutes with each button press change would be written to EEPROM. This would unnecessary wear out EEPROM which is rated for 100,000 write cycles. So I made small change to only write settings for alarm hh:mm upon exit from menu system and only if hh:mm were changed.
I’m also actively ordering parts to make a 15 piece batch of Xronos Clocks for sale. That’s probably too many to see if anyone buys it, but I had to order parts in bulk to get lower price… Enclosures have been ordered from Pololu, and electronic parts from various vendors. There was a set back with TaydaElectronis. I ordered some important parts (such as temperature sensors and RTC chips) but got lost in the mail, so after a month they gave me refund and I placed another order. Hopefully I will receive that one and soon.
Also I started working on new version of Xronos Clock this time on a bigger scale and for the wall mounting. It will have four 24×16 green LED displays, remote control and RF module to get temperature from outside. Already working on small enclosure for outside temperature sensor (based on moteino)